Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Navarathri Golu with a message 09



Bay area,CA is becoming more and more traditional and we are seeing grander and more elaborate golus , concerts, celebrations and dandia to go with each year. I am posting these Golu pictures which was taken in one of my friend's house (Kavitha, Sai and Vishnu's place). Believe me, I saw so many amazing golus this time. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera with me to most of the places. Anyway, I am glad I took my camera for this one. I am posting this because it has a social message too!
One picture shows the four seasons and another shows a typical temple scene 'Marathadi Pillaiyar kovil' means a temple under a tree. On either side is pots and pan shop of different kinds. The next one is about 'Samapandhi bhojanam'. It shows equality of all. People from all caste and creed having food together and celebrating the unity. This is what India is all about now.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Veena. Very sweet of you to have posted pictures from our Golu.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to post your valued comments & suggestions.... and keep visiting!!