Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mediterranean Themed party


Last week, we had a Mediterranean themed party at home. I have put them in my caterin menu and I wanted my friends to taste it first. It was the 'Thanksgiving weekend' and I wanted my family and my friends to have a good time eating something different rather than the usual. All of us eat Italian so that is not a big deal now. So, I thought of introducing my friends to Greek, Jewish and other Mediterranean foods modified to fit Vegetarian needs.

So here goes the menu. Recipes are coming soon. I wanted to start writing something since it has been so long since I posted anything.

Mushroom onions soup w Orzo pasta (Jewish style), Greek salad, Asaparagus Tivoli (Jewish), Challah Braided Jewish bread (made w/o eggs), Home made Pita bread (Middle eastern), Hummus, Baba Ghanooj, Tzatziki (all the 3 Greek & Middle eastern) Apple cranberry salad (Greek), Sweet pepper Dolma(Greek), Baby potatoes w pearl onions and rosemary (Jewish), Tabouleh w couscous etc..

4 comments:

  1. All looks yummy. Great effort dear.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the comments Tina! Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anjana, You should come and visit us sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to post your valued comments & suggestions.... and keep visiting!!