Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Blueberry jam cake


I love Blueberries and I was looking for a cake recipe with it. I found this recipe to be interesting. The original asked for blueberry jam, but I used Strawberry jam because I didn't have the blueberry jam.. You can use 'Kissan mixed fruit jam' too or any jam of your choice. You can add Cinnamon if you want but I didn't, instead I added cardamom powder. You can make it any shape you want. I used a rectangle Pyrex dish and lined it with wax paper because I feel the cake becomes darker on the sides if I use a non-stick spray. For any recipe, even though it asks for fresh berries or dried berries, I tend to cook them prior to adding it to the cake because I feel it enhances the flavor a little bit more.

Mixed berry jam cake

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons double acting baking powder
A pinch of salt
1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
1 cup fresh, dried or frozen Blue berries (cooked in a cup of water until soft and drained)
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Jam of your choice
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
5 tablespoons butter, melted

1. Preheat oven to 350° and grease and prepare your baking dish.
2. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices; stir to blend.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk eggs with the jam, milk, vanilla, melted butter and then add the cooked and drained blue berries. Stir in the dry ingredients just until blended.
4. Spoon into the prepared pan; bake for 30 to 45 minutes or pick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to post your valued comments & suggestions.... and keep visiting!!