Sunday, June 7, 2009

Applesauce Spice Cake


This is another recipe which I found to use up the Bulk Apple sauce I got. It turned out to be very good. Serve the warm cake with a scoop of Ice cream. I served it with a scoop of 'Jack fruit Ice cream'. The brand's name is 'Magnolia' and their brand of Ice cream are wonderful and made the traditional way without eggs. Somehow Ice cream with eggs for me are not authentic. I don't have anything against eggs but when you can make Ice creams without it why not. They also have Taro, Mango etc..If you feel like me, then you will love 'Real Ice cream' brand ice creams. Sorry folks, its available only here in the Bay area, CA. They have flavors like Gulkand, Malai, Tuti Fruiti, Chickoo, Falooda, Mango etc..

Applesauce Spice Cake- Serves 16.

2 cups Applesauce
2 cups Brown sugar
2 sticks Unsalted butter, softened or shortening
3 cups All-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup honey
2 eggs
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
1 cup Blueberries (cook both the raisins and blueberries really well in 2 cups water and then add it to the recipe)
1/4 cup Raisins

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350*F and prepare your square non stick baking dish.
2. Beat the eggs until combined and mix together all the wet ingredients and sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, spices and nuts. Add the cooked dry fruits to this.
4. Slowly add the combined dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
5. Pour batter into pan. Bake 45-50 min or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Once done, take it out of the oven and cool the cake on a wire rack for atleast 1hr.
7. Serve the warm cake with Ice cream

Note: I didn't have square pan, so I used a bundt mold and a loaf pan. Moreover, I had just bought a whole silicone bake ware set from eBay. I was so excited to use it for whatever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please feel free to post your valued comments & suggestions.... and keep visiting!!