Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Herb fusion omelet on toasted bagel w tomatoes and Feta
This is an Indo-American fusion dish!
1. Chilli Bagel-Sliced the middle sideways to be toasted
2. Whipped butter (optional)
3. 2 Organic brown eggs
4. 3 tsps milk or Cream
5. Italian herb mix
6. Crushed black pepper
7. Crushed garlic
8. 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
9. a pinch of salt
10. Chopped Cilantro
11. Chopped Scallions
12. Shredded cheese (optional)
13. 2 Tbslp-Extra virgin Olive Oil
14. a pinch of Turmeric
15. a pinch of hing
16. Cherry tomatoes cut in half for garnishing
17. 2 tsp-Feta cheese
1. Break the eggs in a bowl, add a pinch of salt, Italian seasonings, chopped cilantro, turmeric, hing, scallions, cream and whip well and keep it aside.
2. In medium heat, keep a non-stick pan and add the oil to it.
3. While its gets warm, set the toaster and add the sliced bagel to be toasted.
4. Once the oil is warm, add the cumin seeds and once it starts to splutter add the crushed garlic. Add the crushed black pepper.
5. Now, add the whipped eggs in the middle and DON'T SWIRL OR SPREAD IT PLEASE..! Wait until it starts to firm up, then gently mix it but not to the extent it starts to scramble. Now, tilt the pan and make the liquid to run out form a bigger circle.
6. Once this side is starts to turn light brown, flip it to the other side. Switch off the heat.
7. Cut the omelet into 4 pieces.
8. By now the bagel would have been toasted. Place each quarter piece and arrange it on top of the other on one slice.
9. Now place the other half. Cut the whole assembled bagel omelet sandwich in half with a sharp serrated bread knife.
10. Arrange the cherry tomatoes and the feta similar to the picture.
10. Ta..da....! Now, your own gourmet fusion bagel sandwich is ready.
Note: The step 5 is to fluff up the omelet to get a soft silky consistency and that is the reason why I add cream or milk too. Adding turmeric is for killing all the harmful bacteria and hing is added for flavor and to stop the eggs from smelling bad. Organic eggs don't smell as much as the normal eggs do! One more reason to go Organic!