Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Home remedy for Cold, Cough and Congestion
The name given below for the recipe for this remedy pretty much sums up the whole recipe, don't you think?! Yes, you have to taste it to know the effects of it. My family is a living proof for this. Anytime can be flue season. So, Hey, might as well try this. You know your normal over the counter cold medicines are not going to work and they say it anyway takes 7 days to get rid of a cold. So what about the cough and that nasty congestion. Try this and see for yourselves.
Garlic milk with turmeric and black pepper
2 cups of milk
5 Cloves Garlic
1/4 tsp Turmeric
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
1 tsp Palm sugar (Panag Kalkandu) or Brown sugar
1. Combine all the ingredients except the sugar and simmer it well.
2. Make sure the garlic is cooked to a mushy consistency.
3. By the time the garlic is cooked the milk would have reduced too.
4. Once the garlic is cooked, transfer the mixture to a drinking cup.
5. Add the Palm sugar. Mix it well and serve.
Note: Palm sugar can be purchased in most of the Chinese or Mexican grocery stores. Some Indian grocery stores do carry them now. It does have medicinal properties. They say just putting a small piece of Palm sugar in your mouth and just sucking on it when you have a tendency to have dry cough helps it to subside. Its herbal and nothing artificial. So give it a try and feel relieved.